Part 2 - Water Treatment Operations (5 days)
This qualification recognises the attainment of general competencies in water industry treatment specialising in drinking water and covers skills required to monitor, operate and control treatment processes within a water treatment plant.
Who should attend?
Water treatment works operators, engineers, scientist and managers.
- Competencies required to operate a water treatment works.
- Understanding of water treatment unit processes.
- Knowledge and practical skills essential for the daily operation of treatment works.
- Knowledge to systematically identify and rectify treatment problems.
Course notes will be supplied for pre-course study and future reference.
Course delivery and assessments
The course delivery activities include:
- A 5-day workshop including:
- Worksheets completed in tutorial sessions held during the course.
- Visit(s) to a treatment plant including practical sessions covering operational monitoring and testing.
- A written exam.
- An on-site assessment held at the operator's own treatment works.
- A project assignment to be submitted by the candidate.
A Certificate of Completion - Water Treatment Operations will be issued by the Department of Planning and Environment to each successful candidate.
Completion of the Part 1 - Chemical Dosing Systems course.
What is included?
Course notes, workplace visit to the operator's own treatment works and safety equipment (PPE) for workshop practical sessions. Lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea will be provided for the five days.
What is not included?
Writing material, calculator, accommodation, other meals not specified, transport to and from the course.
Information on course dates, locations and costs can be found in the Course schedule.
How to nominate for the course
The department will send confirmation of receipt of your nomination via email within one week with instructions on enrolment if successful. Venue details, course notes, the program and a timetable will be sent to all participants approximately four weeks before the course. Please provide details of any special dietary needs on nomination.