Part 1 - Chemical Dosing Systems (5 days)
On completion of the course you'll have the knowledge and practical skills essential for effective and efficient operation of a comprehensive range of chemical dosing systems.
Who should attend?
Water treatment works operators, engineers and managers.
- Competencies required to operate chemical dosing systems in a water treatment works.
- Understanding of water treatment dosing equipment.
- Knowledge and practical skills essential for day-to-day chemical dosing operations, including disinfection, coagulant, coagulant aids, acid, alkali, activated carbon and oxidants.
Course delivery and assessment
The course delivery activities include:
- A 5 day workshop including:
- Worksheets completed in tutorial sessions held during the course.
- Visit(s) to a treatment plant including practical sessions covering operational monitoring and testing.
- A written exam with mathematics and knowledge components.
- A practical session on chemical dosing systems.
- A project assignment to be submitted by the candidate involving the documentation of your duties at your water treatment works over a three day period.
A Certificate of Completion -Chemical Dosing Systems will be issued to each successful candidate. This course is a prerequisite for the Part 2 – Water treatment Operations course.
It is recommended that operators review the supplied training manual and attempt the mathematics tutorial examples before the course. It is also recommended that operators undertake a minimum of four (4) weeks full time experience in a treatment works under the supervision of a senior operator before attending the course.
What is included
Course notes and ongoing support for completion of your project at the operator's own treatment works. Morning tea and afternoon tea will be provided for the five days.
What is not included
Writing material, calculator, accommodation, meals, transport to and from the course.
Information on course dates, locations and costs can be found in the course schedule.
How to nominate
The department will send confirmation of receipt of your nomination via email within one week. Venue details, course notes, the program and a timetable will be sent to all participants approximately six weeks before the course. Please provide details of any special dietary needs on nomination.