The department provides variety of training to local water utilities staff in NSW. The training courses are subject to the following conditions:
- Nomination: Participants should download a nomination form and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserves the right to refuse a nomination.
- Confirmation of nomination: We’ll email confirmation of placement in the course.
- Fees are outlined on the course schedule.
- Purchase order numbers are to be provided on the registration form. If no purchase order number is provided the nomination form will be deemed to be a purchase order.
- An invoice will be issued in accordance with the purchase order.
- TAFE NSW Enrolment: NOT APPLICABLE - no courses in the 2020 calendar year will be offered as Nationally Accredited courses (i.e. no Certificate III or IV courses).
- Payment of fees:
- Changes and cancellations: No cancellation fee will apply if request for cancellation is received by email at least two weeks prior to commencement of the course. Changes to nomination must be submitted by email at least two weeks prior to commencement of the course. Acceptance of requested changes is subject to our discretion.
- Course Termination/Postponement: All courses are subject to minimum participant numbers. While we’ll endeavour to run all courses as scheduled, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone any course. If such action is necessary, we’ll aim to provide reasonable notice and alternative arrangements for registered participants.
- Course contents:
- Course timetable may vary.
- Candidates attending the Part 1 - Chemical Dosing Systems or the Part 1 - Basic Wastewater Treatment Operations (former Part 1) courses require a minimum of four weeks full time experience at a treatment works under supervision.
- Prerequisite knowledge: All candidates require basic math skills. It can be beneficial to candidates if they have done a basic math skills course before coming to the course.
- Accommodation, meals and travel: Delivery of the course does not include any accommodation, meals (unless specified) and travel to and from the course are the responsibility of the participant’s employer.
Page link: https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/water/water-utilities/training-courses/general-information