Draft Paterson Regulated River Water Sharing Plan
Have your say
A replacement water sharing plan for the Paterson Regulated River Water Sharing Plan is on public exhibition until 27 May 2019.
The water sharing plan establishes rules for water management including the limit to the annual volume of water that can be extracted from the Paterson system over the long term, and how water is managed from Lostock Dam, and includes:
- sharing of water stored in Lostock Dam between licence classes
- sharing of high flows via supplementary water access licences
- limits on the total volume of water which may be extracted from the Paterson system
- water stored in Lostock Dam reserved for environmental purposes, water required to meet environmental flow targets, and environmental water that results from the total limits on extraction
- rules on the operation of the Lostock Dam
- rules which control the trade of water licences, share components and water allocations
Water Sharing Plans are subject to review every 10 years under the Water Management Act 2000. The 2007 plan was independently reviewed by the Natural Resources Commission, and this replacement plan addresses issues raised in that review.
The finalised replacement plan will take effect from 1 July 2019.
- Have your say by making a submission
- Read the proposed changes to the existing water sharing plan
- Find out more by attending a public information session
- Read the fact sheets:
Make a submission
You are invited to comment on the proposed changes for the water sharing plan for the Paterson Regulated River.
All submissions will help to inform the final plan. Submissions close at 5 pm on Monday 27 May 2019.
Public information session
For more information or to register for the session please email PatersonWSP@industry.nsw.gov.au.
Thursday 16 May 2019
Download an information session flyer (PDF 472.4 KB)
We respect your right to privacy. Before lodging your submission you will be asked to confirm that you have read our privacy statement. If you wish to maintain your privacy in this submission process you must:
- request your name be withheld from the list of submitters by ticking the relevant box in the submission form
- not include any of your personal information in your submission or attachments.
When you make a submission we will publish:
- the content of your submission and any attachments, including any personal information you have chosen to include in those documents
- a list of submitters, which will include your name (unless you request your name be withheld from the list by ticking the relevant box and your suburb or town.