Draft replacement Water Sharing Plan for the Tweed River Area Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sources
Public exhibition of the replacement Water Sharing Plan for the Tweed River Area Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sources 2023 will run from 31 October to 18 December 2022.
The water sharing plan establishes rules for water management including the limit of the total volume of water that can be extracted from the water sources in the Tweed River Area Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sharing Plan area.
Water sharing plans are subject to review every 10 years under the Water Management Act 2000. The current water sharing plan for the Tweed River Area Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sources 2010 will expire on 30 June 2023.
The public exhibition period provides opportunities for water users, stakeholders and other interested parties to learn more about proposed changes in the draft plan, and to make submissions and comment on the draft. Feedback and issues raised during the public exhibition phase will be considered when finalising the plan.
The finalised replacement plan is proposed to commence by 1 July 2023.
- Read the draft (PDF, 1556.24 KB)
- View a map (PDF, 1908.55 KB) of the water sharing plan area
- Read supporting documentation including background documents, fact sheets, report cards and a risk assessment.
If you require assistance reading these documents, please contact 1300 081 047 or email@example.com.
Public information sessions
The face-to-face meeting will be drop in style, where you are welcome to come anytime during the session. There will be no formal presentation, instead we will have planners on hand to answer your questions and provide information.
|Webinar||Tuesday, 8 November 2022|
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
|Watch the recorded webinar|
|Murwillumbah||Tuesday, 15 November 2022|
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Murwillumbah Services Club
10 Wollumbin Street,
Murwillumbah, NSW, 2484
|Session has concluded|
|One-on-one||Book a 30 minute phone interview with a water planner from 21 November to 1 December 2022.||Register for one-on-one|
Make a submission
If you would like to make an online submission, please click on the 'Have your say' button below.
Department of Planning and Environment – Water
Suite 5, 620 Macauley Street
Albury NSW 2640
Submissions will be accepted until midnight Sunday, 18 December.
We respect your right to privacy. Before lodging your submission you will be asked to confirm that you have read our privacy statement. If you do not wish to have your name, or other identifying information, published in this submission process you must:
- request your name be withheld from the list of submitters by ticking the relevant box in the submission form
- not include any of your personal information in your submission or attachments.
When you make a submission we will publish:
- the content of your submission and any attachments, including any personal information which you have chosen to include in these documents
- a list of submitters, which will include your name (unless you request your name be withheld from the list by ticking the relevant box below) and your suburb or town.