Draft replacement Towamba River Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sharing Plan
Public exhibition of the replacement Water Sharing Plan for the Towamba River Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sources 2022 will run from Monday 9 May to Sunday 19 June 2022.
The water sharing plan establishes rules for water management including the limit of the total volume of water that can be extracted from the water sources in the Towamba River water sharing plan area.
Water sharing plans are subject to review every 10 years under the Water Management Act 2000. The current water sharing plan for the Towamba is nearing expiry and a draft replacement plan has been prepared.
The public exhibition period provides opportunities for water users, stakeholders and other interested parties to learn more about proposed changes in the draft plan, and to make submissions and comment on the draft. Feedback and issues raised during the public exhibition phase will be considered when finalising the plan.
The finalised replacement plan is proposed to commence on or before 1 July 2023.
- Read the draft water sharing plan (PDF, 377.73 KB)
- View a map of the impacted area (PDF, 2414.13 KB).
- Read supporting documentation including background documents, fact sheets, report cards and risk assessment
If you require assistance reading these documents, please contact 1300 081 047 or email@example.com.
Public information sessions
|Webinar||Thursday, 19th May 2022|
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
|Towamba||Thursday, 26th May 2022|
9:00 am – 10:30 am
28 Towamba Street
Towamba, NSW, 2550
Make a submission
If you would like to make an online submission, please click on the 'Have your say' button below.
Attn: Bridie Halse
Department of Planning and Environment – Water
PO Box 2213 Dangar, NSW, 2309
Submissions will be accepted until midnight Sunday, 19 June 2022.
We respect your right to privacy. Before lodging your submission you will be asked to confirm that you have read our privacy statement. If you do not wish to have your name, or other identifying information, published in this submission process you must:
- request your name be withheld from the list of submitters by ticking the relevant box in the submission form
- not include any of your personal information in your submission or attachments.
When you make a submission we will publish:
- the content of your submission and any attachments, including any personal information which you have chosen to include in these documents
- a list of submitters, which will include your name (unless you request your name be withheld from the list by ticking the relevant box below) and your suburb or town.