Interagency Agreement between NSW and MDBA
The MDBA and the former NSW Department of Industry (now Department of Industry, Planning & Environment) signed an agreement on 28 February 2019 relating to specified measures in anticipation of water resource plans coming into effect.
Reporting against these measures was required on 16 April 2019 (progress report) and 16 June 2019 (final report). The final reports for Surface Water and Groundwater can be found below.
- NSW and MDBA Interagency Agreement - Groundwater Final Report
- NSW and MDBA Interagency Agreement - Surface Water Final Report
A series of fact sheets have been developed to help the community provide informed feedback on the various elements of the water resource plans.
General fact sheets
- Water Resource Plans in NSW – fact sheet
- Meeting Basin Plan requirements in relation to Aboriginal values and uses for water - fact sheet
General groundwater fact sheets
- Specifying planned environmental water – fact sheet
- Compliance with sustainable diversion limits for groundwater – fact sheet
- Available water determinations for groundwater – fact sheet
- Assessing groundwater applications – fact sheet
- Groundwater take - complying with limits for groundwater sources - fact sheet