Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan - closed
Public exhibition of the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan (WRP) is now closed.
The purpose of this draft plan
The purpose of the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium WRP is to set out how NSW will meet its obligations under the Murray–Darling Basin Plan 2012 in the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan Area (WRPA). A WRP must comply with the requirements of Chapter 10 of the Basin Plan 2012 for it to be accredited under Division 2 of Part 2 of the Water Act 2007.
Areas and water sources covered by the plan
The WRP covers groundwater within the Macquarie–Castlereagh catchment that forms part of the Murray–Darling Basin in central-western NSW.
This plan applies to all groundwater in the following groundwater sustainable diversion limit resource units (SDL resource units) within the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium WRPA:
- Bell Valley alluvium (GS11)
- Castlereagh alluvium (GS14)
- Coolaburragundy–Talbragar alluvium (GS15)
- Cudgegong alluvium (GS16)
- Lower Macquarie alluvium (GS26)
- Upper Macquarie alluvium (GS45)
Groundwater within the Great Artesian Basin is not included in the Murray–Darling Basin water sources as the Commonwealth Water Act 2007 excludes it.
Public information sessions
Public information sessions were held at:
- Dubbo, 21 November 2018
- Narromine, 21 November 2018
- Mudgee, 22 November 2018
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relationship between the water resource plan and water sharing plan
- Proposed changes to groundwater sharing plans
- Groundwater-dependent ecosystems
- Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium WRP - frequently asked questions
You can find general fact sheets regarding water sharing plans at General resources
Draft water resource plan components for consultation
The WRP has built on existing water planning arrangements such as the statutory water sharing plans and consists of the main body WRP (Chapters 1–8), accompanying schedules (A–I), and appendices, boxes, figures and tables.
The key documents prepared as part of the WRP are listed below. For more information on changes to the water sharing plan rules, see the fact sheets.
- Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan
- Schedule A - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Groundwater Sources 2019
- Schedule B - Water resource plan index—appears in WRP on page 63
- Schedule C - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium WRP Consultation Report
- Schedule D - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Risk Assessment for the WRP Area
- Schedule E - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Incident Response Guide
- Schedule F - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Water quality management plan
- Schedule G - Information and tools used in preparing the WRP—appears in WRP on page 72
- Schedule H - Draft Groundwater monitoring, reporting and evaluation plan
- Schedule I - Information relating to take for consumptive use—appears in WRP on page 76
- Appendix A - Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium WRP Groundwater Resource Description