Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan
Have your say
The NSW Government has placed the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan (WRP) on public exhibition until Friday 14 December 2018 and is inviting feedback now.
The purpose of this draft plan
The purpose of the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium WRP is to set out how NSW will meet its obligations under the Murray–Darling Basin Plan 2012 in the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan Area (WRPA). A WRP must comply with the requirements of Chapter 10 of the Basin Plan 2012 for it to be accredited under Division 2 of Part 2 of the Water Act 2007.
Areas and water sources covered by the plan
The WRP covers groundwater within the Macquarie–Castlereagh catchment that forms part of the Murray–Darling Basin in central-western NSW.
This plan applies to all groundwater in the following groundwater sustainable diversion limit resource units (SDL resource units) within the Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium WRPA:
- Bell Valley alluvium (GS11)
- Castlereagh alluvium (GS14)
- Coolaburragundy–Talbragar alluvium (GS15)
- Cudgegong alluvium (GS16)
- Lower Macquarie alluvium (GS26)
- Upper Macquarie alluvium (GS45)
Groundwater within the Great Artesian Basin is not included in the Murray–Darling Basin water sources as the Commonwealth Water Act 2007 excludes it.
Attend a public information session
The NSW Department of Industry invites you to find out more about the WRP, its schedules and the submission process.
The following sessions are scheduled for the public exhibition of the Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan.
To register now please email email@example.com and let us know which session you'll attend.
|Dubbo|| Wednesday 21 November 2018|
10 am – 12 pm
Dubbo RSL Memorial Club
178 Brisbane Street, Dubbo, NSW 2830
|Narromine|| Wednesday 21 November 2018 |
3 pm – 5 pm
Narromine United Services Memorial Club
58 Dandaloo Street, Narromine, NSW 2821
|Mudgee|| Thursday 22 November 2018|
1 pm – 3 pm
Mudgee Golf Club
21 Robertson Street, Mudgee, NSW 2850
Make a submission
You are invited to make a submission on the draft Macquarie–Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan through our online feedback form until 5 pm on Friday 14 December 2018. All submissions will be considered when finalising the plan.
Submissions close at 5 pm on Friday 14 December 2018.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relationship between the water resource plan and water sharing plan
- Proposed changes to groundwater sharing plans
- Groundwater-dependent ecosystems
- Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium WRP - frequently asked questions
You can find general fact sheets regarding water sharing plans at General resources
Draft water resource plan components for consultation
The WRP has built on existing water planning arrangements such as the statutory water sharing plans and consists of the main body WRP (Chapters 1–8), accompanying schedules (A–I), and appendices, boxes, figures and tables.
The key documents prepared as part of the WRP are listed below. For more information on changes to the water sharing plan rules, see the fact sheets.
- Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Water Resource Plan
- Schedule A - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Groundwater Sources 2019
- Schedule B - Water resource plan index
- Schedule C - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium WRP Consultation Report
- Schedule D - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Risk Assessment for the WRP Area
- Schedule E - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Incident Response Guide
- Schedule F - Draft Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium Water quality management plan
- Schedule G - Information and tools used in preparing the WRP
- Schedule H - Groundwater monitoring, reporting and evaluation plan
- Schedule I - Information relating to take for consumptive use
- Appendix A - Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium WRP Groundwater Resource Description