Draft Gwydir Alluvium Water Resource Plan - closed
Public exhibition of the Gwydir Alluvium Water Resource Plan (WRP) is now closed.
The purpose of this draft plan
Areas and water sources covered by the plan
The Gwydir Alluvium WRP covers groundwater within the main alluvial deposits associated with the Gwydir River from approximately 20 kilometres downstream of Copeton Dam, continuing north-west through Bingara to Biniguy through to approximately 45 kilometres west of Moree.
The Gwydir catchment covers approximately 26,600 square kilometres and represents approximately 2.4% of the Murray–Darling Basin.
This plan applies to all groundwater resources in the following groundwater sustainable diversion limit resource units (SDL resource units) within the Gwydir WRPA:
- Lower Gwydir alluvium (GS24)
- Upper Gwydir alluvium (GS43)
Public information sessions
Public information sessions were held at:
- Moree, 4 December 2018
- Bingara, 4 December 2018
For more information email email@example.com
- Proposed changes to Gwydir Alluvium groundwater sharing plans
- Gwydir Alluvium groundwater-dependent ecosystems
- Relationship between the water resource plan and water sharing plan
- Gwydir Alluvium WRP - frequently asked questions
You can find general fact sheets regarding water sharing plans at General resources
Draft water resource plan components for consultation
The WRP has built on existing water planning arrangements such as the statutory water sharing plans and consists of the main body WRP (Chapters 1–8), accompanying schedules (A–I), and appendices, boxes, figures and tables.
The key documents prepared as part of the WRP are listed below. For more information on changes to the water sharing plan rules see the fact sheets.
- Draft Gwydir Alluvium Water Resource Plan
- Schedule A - Draft Water Sharing Plan for the Gwydir Alluvial Groundwater Sources 2019
- Schedule B - Water Resource Plan index—appears in WRP on page 58
- Schedule C - Draft Gwydir Alluvium WRP Consultation Report
- Appendix A to Schedule C - Report on culturally appropriate First Nations consultation with Gomeroi Nation
- Schedule D - Draft Gwydir Alluvium Risk Assessment for WRP Area
- Schedule E - Draft Gwydir Alluvium Incident Response Guide
- Schedule F - Draft Gwydir Alluvium water quality management plan
- Schedule G - Information and methods used in preparing WRP—appears in WRP on page 66
- Schedule H - Draft Alluvium Groundwater monitoring, evaluation and reporting plan
- Schedule I - Information relating to take for consumptive use—appears on page 70
- Appendix A - Gwydir Alluvium WRP Groundwater Resource Description Report