Review of the Barwon Darling Valley Floodplain Management Plan
Public submissions are now being sought on the review of the Barwon Darling Valley Floodplain Management Plan. The submission period will run from Monday 11 April to Friday 20 May 2022.
Floodplain management plans undergo a fifth-year review of the plan and submissions are collated by the department. The department will consider all submissions in the finalisation of the review report for each floodplain management plan. Review reports will be published on the Water website and will be used to inform possible amendments to a floodplain management plan.
Northern floodplain management plan
The review relates only to the scope of the floodplain management plan listed.
Floodplain management plans provide the framework for coordinating the development of flood works on a whole-of-valley basis.
Floodplain management plans apply for a period of ten years from commencement, with a review required within the fifth year to determine whether its provisions remain adequate and appropriate for ensuring the effective implementation of the water management principles (under Section 43 of the Water Management Act 2000).
The public submission period provides opportunities for water users, stakeholders and other interested parties to inform the review of these plans. Comment is specifically being sought on:
- Is the floodplain management plan adequate and appropriate for ensuring the effective implementation of the water management principles?
- Are there issues with the plan that were identified since commencement and impact on effectiveness of implementation?
- Are there potential amendments to the plan that should be considered?
The review report will be published online by the department and used to inform possible amendments or replacement of these floodplain management plans.
If you require assistance reading these documents, please contact 1300 081 047 or email@example.com.
Make a submission
If you would like to make an online submission, please click on the 'Have your say' button below.
Download the submission form (PDF, 178.5 KB) and return it to us by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FMP Review Submissions
Attn Mgr Water Deliverables
Department of Planning and Environment
Locked Bag 1002
Dangar, NSW 2309
Submission closing date
The closing date for receipt of submissions is Friday 20 May 2022.
We respect your right to privacy. Before lodging your submission you will be asked to confirm that you have read our privacy statement. If you wish to maintain your privacy in this submission process you must:
- request your name be withheld from the list of submitters by ticking the relevant box in the submission form
- not include any of your personal information in your submission or attachments.
When you make a submission we will publish:
- the content of your submission and any attachments, including any personal information about you which you have chosen to include in those documents
- a list of submitters, which will include your name (unless you request your name be withheld from the list by ticking the relevant box below) and your suburb or town.