Water is one of our most valuable natural assets. We have a responsibility to the people of NSW to ensure we manage water equitably and transparently now and into the future. Our stakeholders are those groups and individuals who could be affected by our activities.
The department recognises that the most effective way to successfully manage water is by working together with our stakeholders and the greater community. Our Stakeholder and Community Engagement Policy describes how we will complete this engagement.
We will regularly meet with our stakeholders on key projects, and provide opportunities for stakeholders and the broader public to provide input on policies, plans, and other relevant documents.
Engagement principles – our commitment to you
The department is committed to engaging with stakeholders and the community in a way that is:
- Purposeful — undertaken with a clear understanding of what we want to achieve, and delivering on NSW Government priorities and the department’s corporate goals
- Inclusive — identifying and enabling the participation of all relevant stakeholders
- Timely — providing sufficient time for meaningful consultation, outlining timeframes up front and conducting engagement activities in an efficient manner
- Transparent — explaining the engagement process, providing information to enable meaningful participation and setting clear expectations around how participants’ input will inform outcomes
- Respectful — acknowledging the needs, experience, perspective and expertise of participants.
Implementation and responsibility
The department is committed to ensuring that relevant, meaningful and timely information is delivered to key stakeholders throughout the duration of the Healthy Floodplains Project line with the department’s Stakeholder and Community Engagement Policy and principles of the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) model.
An overview of our upcoming meetings, exhibitions, and other public engagement activities is provided below.
Key upcoming dates/events
|There are no planned upcoming engagement events||N/A|
Note: The department seeks to update this table regularly. Changes to events or public exhibitions can take place and some of the details in the table may be out of date.
Outcomes from consultation
- Stakeholder engagement consultation report–10 February 2020 (PDF 550.4 KB)
- Stakeholder engagement consultation report–3 December 2019 (PDF 722.7 KB)
Visit our news section for the latest news and media releases.
We are committed to continuously improving the way we engage.