Controlled activities

Healthy, productive watercourses and waterfront land are vital to the community and environment.

Some types of activities on waterfront land can cause negative impacts, such as:

  • altering water flow or water quality
  • destabilising bed and banks
  • causing erosion
  • disturbing vegetation and wildlife habitats
  • affecting environmental connectivity and diversity.
  1. waterdrop

    What is a controlled activity?

    Find out how we define controlled activity under the Water Management Act 2000.

  2. waterdrop


    Find out about controlled activity approvals, exemptions and how to apply.

  3. waterdrop

    Guidelines for controlled activities

    Read our guidelines on the various types of controlled activities and the protection of waterfront land.