Held Environmental Water
This represents the environmental water that is held as part of a licensed volumetric entitlement for environmental use. Both the NSW and Commonwealth governments have acquired water licences for environmental purposes in regulated, unregulated and groundwater sources.
These licences are held within the same licence categories as all other water access licences and are subject to the same operating rules.
They are subject to:
- available water determinations (AWD) for their share of the entitlement to be added to accounts
- carryover rules, hence the forfeiting of unused water that cannot be carried over
- provide water orders prior to use.
These licences are used to provide environmental benefit and outcomes to the catchment by either providing water to, or supplementing water requirements of, specific environmental events or incidents. On occasion the environmental benefit is achieved by trading the water as opposed to ordering and recording the subsequent usage against the licence.
- At the bottom right-hand-corner of the dashboard, select the "Download" button
- Select a download format (Image, Data, Crosstab, PDF, PowerPoint or Tableau Workbook) and the sheet you want to download.
- Select the available options for the different type of download formats.
- Click on "Download".
Disclaimer: The information contained in this publication is based on knowledge and understanding at the time of writing and may not be accurate, current or complete. The State of New South Wales (including the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment), the author and the publisher take no responsibility, and will accept no liability, for the accuracy, currency, reliability or correctness of any information included in the dashboard (including material provided by third parties). Readers should make their own inquiries and rely on their own advice when making decisions related to material contained in this publication.
The NSW Water Register provides a range of information including official accounted usage, share component, water made available, trade, water allocations and environmental water.
Feedback and suggestions
We welcome your feedback. Use our feedback form to provide suggestions for future improvements.
Page link: https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/water/environmental-water-hub/public-register/dashboard/held