Temporary water restrictions
Summary of current temporary water restrictions
The tables below give a summary of current temporary water restrictions for regulated river, unregulated river and groundwater water sources.
More information on a water source restriction can be found by selecting the temporary water restriction notice listed in the table.
Information regarding expired or repealed temporary water restrictions in 2019/20 is also available.
Northern Basin and Barwon-Darling restrictions on river and overland flows
- River and overland flows in the northern Basin fact sheet–5 March 2020
The department intends to progressively lift restrictions along the Barwon-Darling once the required flows to meet the Lake Wetherell target are assured.
- List of exemptions provided under Temporary Water Restrictions–25 February 2020
Provided under Temporary Water Restrictions covering northern NSW Basin and floodplain harvesting during February 2020.
- River and overland flows in the northern Basin fact sheet–24 February 2020
Why we are beginning to lift temporary restrictions on access and the benefits they have achieved.
- River and overland flows in the northern Basin update fact sheet–17 February 2020
Providing an update regarding Temporary Water Restrictions on river and overland flows in the northern NSW Basin during February 2020.
- Statement regarding the storms in the Namoi–17 February 2020
Includes information on maintaining the embargo on pumping.
- River and overland flows in the northern Basin fact sheet–13 February 2020
Summarising details of rainfall and flows in the northern NSW basin in early February 2020 and the rationale for temporary restrictions on access.
View all current temporary water restrictions
|Temporary water restriction||Status|
|Mortons Creek Water Source|
General cease to pump restrictions for surface water – licence holders to record water take in a logbook for the duration of this Order.
|Upper Lachlan Alluvial (Groundwater) Management Zone 1|
Restrict aquifer access licences to 30% of entitlement
|Botany Sands Groundwater Source|
Taking of groundwater from two areas within the water source prohibited.