Registration of interest 2020 timeline
22 July 2020
Registration of Interest (RoI) - Close at 5 pm AEST.
- Submit the Registration of Interest application form by post to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
- It is suggested to Express Post or register your post the mail to track your mail.
- Late application forms will not be accepted.
August to September 2020
Registration of Interest (RoI) Evaluation period
- An Evaluation Panel reviews all RoI applications.
- If you are unsuccessful, RoI ends.
- If you are successful you can either:
- Withdraw your application, RoI ends, or
- Pay the total purchase price to the department within 30 days from the date you are notified. Followed by applying for a Water Access Licence.
Note: You will receive a water access licence formation pack and RoI ends.
November 2020 to January 2021
Water Access Licence application
- After paying the total purchase price, you will have an additional 30 days to submit the new Water access Licence application form to WaterNSW or NRAR.
- Once the licence is approved, you will receive instructions for how to submit the Certificate of Title application form.
Note: You will submit the work approval application separately. Consult with the Licencing Officer about this process.
February to July 2021
Certificate of Title application
- After the Water Access Licence is approved, you will have 6 months to apply for a Certificate of Title with the Lands Registry Services.
Note: Water will be credited to the accounts of licensed water users when the access licence is granted in accordance with section 85 (4) of the Water Management Act 2000.