Procedure - request to submit application after closing date
This procedure relates to a request by an applicant to submit an application for a certificate of competence under the Coal Mine Health and Safety Act 2002 or the Mine Health and Safety Act 2004 after the closing date for examinations.
- An applicant may request to submit an application for a certificate of competence after the closing date, but no less than 28 days before, the date of the next examination.
- Requests must be made in writing by completing the request form (30 kb) and forwarded to the Manager of the Mining Industry Competencies Unit, Mine Safety Performance, NSW Trade & Investment NSW, PO Box 344, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW 2310.
- The request must include a reason why the late application should be considered and any supporting information or documentation.
- The Manager of the Mining Industry Competencies Unit and/or the Director of Mine Safety Performance will consider the request and make an informed decision.
- The applicant will be notified in writing of this decision.
- Coal Mine Health and Safety Act 2002
- Coal Mine Health and Safety Regulation 2006
- Mine Health and Safety Act 2004
- Mine Health and Safety Regulation 2007
Applicant: A person applying for a certificate of competence under the Coal Mine Health and Safety Act 2002 or the Mine Health and Safety Act 2004 an assessment of competence by the Coal Competence Board or the Metalliferous Mines and Extractive Industries Competence Board.
O-117 Applications for certificates of competence
|1||22/11/2011||Original||Policy & Examinations Officer|
Manager Mining Industry Competencies Unit
02 4931 6625