NRAR Public Register

NRAR Public Register

Note that certain information may be removed on this register in accordance with a court appeal.

If you have any concerns about the accuracy of the data or you would like to request anonymity, please email

The Land & Environment Court also provides the full text of its judgments, visit Caselaw

Why does NRAR publish information about convictions in the Register?

Under the Natural Resources Access Regulator Act 2017, it is a function of the Regulator to publish the details of convictions under the natural resources management legislation [section 11(1)(d)].

The Register provides a general deterrence to non-compliance with the natural resources management legislation as well as providing for effective, efficient, transparent and accountable compliance and enforcement. In addition the Register will increase public confidence in NRAR activities whilst further educating the community.

What information is published on the Register?

When a Court finds a person guilty of committing an offence and has determined the penalty as the consequence of that particular offence NRAR will publish the following details:

(a)  the name of the person
(b)  if the person is a company, the name of the company, and the name of the chief executive officer and any director of the company
(c)  the local government area (LGA) in which the offence took place
(d)  the water sharing plan in which the offence took place, if relevant
(e)  the offence date
(f)   the decision of the court, and the penalty imposed, as described in the Judgment
(g)  the section of the Water Management Act 2000 breached
(h)  a map showing the location of the offence at LGA scale.

These details will remain on the Register indefinitely.

Changing information in the Register?

NRAR must remove information about a conviction for an offence from the Register as soon as practicable after it has become aware that the conviction has been quashed or annulled.

The information must also be amended to record that an appeal has been made against the conviction or any changes made by appeal court to orders/sentence.

If you have any concerns about the accuracy of the data or would like to make a request for anonymity please contact the NRAR at