What we do
The principal objectives of the NRAR are:
- to ensure effective, efficient, transparent and accountable compliance and enforcement measures for the natural resources management legislation
- to maintain public confidence in the enforcement of the natural resources management legislation.
To achieve this we will:
- actively engage with stakeholders, providing assistance when it is sought
- work diligently on compliance matters
- proactively inform the community of our actions
- take enforcement action when necessary, demonstrating a firm but fair approach.
Download the NRAR Regulatory Policy
Our service charter
The NRAR service charter outlines our commitments to transparency and accountability and some of our timeframes. Download the service charter.
Embedding Ethics into NRAR’s ‘DNA’, is the ethical framework that guides the NRAR’s policies, practices and employee performance.
The NRAR Ethics Framework outlines the values and principles of behaviour we apply in the design and operation of NRAR policies and programs, and in our employee conduct, when implementing the Water Management Act 2000, Natural Resources Access Regulator Act 2017, Dams Safety Act 2015 and other relevant legislation. Note that any reference to the NRAR’s ‘customers’ is a reference to a regulated entity or group of regulated entities, as described in the NRAR’s Regulatory Policy.
NRAR Code of Ethics and Conduct
The code identifies mandatory requirements and best practice conduct for the NRAR’s employees. Contractors, casual staff, consultants and others working with the NRAR must also demonstrate conduct consistent with this Code.
Download the Code of Ethics and Conduct
NRAR Privacy Management Plan
The NRAR Privacy Management Plan outlines how NRAR will comply with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002. It includes how NRAR will manage and protect private information and NRAR’s procedures for dealing with privacy internal reviews under Part 5 of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
The NRAR Privacy Management Plan reflects the general privacy statement and privacy plan of the NSW Government’s Planning, Industry and Environment cluster and contains detailed information relevant to NRAR’s objectives and functions.
Download the NRAR Privacy Management Plan