Jobs for NSW visits Broken Hill
Media release | 9 November 2018
The Board of the NSW Government-backed Jobs for NSW is visiting Broken Hill today to meet with business leaders and discuss funding opportunities for regional businesses.
Board Chair and former Telstra CEO David Thodey said Jobs for NSW has a $190 million fund to support eligible startups and fast-growing businesses, with 30 per cent of the fund designated for regional areas of the state.
“Broken Hill is a fascinating location with a rich frontier mining history and a growing reputation as a cosmopolitan and creative centre for modern Australian bush culture.
“We are seeing a growing vein of business innovation across regional NSW and the Jobs for NSW Board is coming to Broken Hill to see what talent can be mined here.
“The Board’s visit will be a great opportunity to better understand the creative and business strengths of the region so we can find opportunities to invest in high potential, fast growing, job creating companies,” said Mr Thodey.
“This visit is also a chance to introduce Jobs for NSW’s latest board member Jillian Killby who is a Dubbo-based but globally focused business leader who will be a fantastic advocate for regional areas like Broken Hill.
“The NSW Government through our Business Connect program is also supporting efforts by BEC Business Advice to reinvigorate a regional chamber of commerce for businesses in Broken Hill, Tibooburra, Silverton, Menindee and Wilcannia.”
BEC Business Advice – South and West NSW advisor Steve Martin said: “Through Business Connect we have 150 regional businesses registered for business advisory services. The chamber of commerce will be a further boost providing a concentrated voice for businesses and more support, training and networking opportunities that will bring more vibrancy to our economy.”
To find out more about Jobs for NSW visit https://www.jobsfornsw.com.au/
To find out more about BEC Business Advice visit https://www.business.gov.au/advisory-services/bec-business-advice--south-and-west-nsw
Jobs for NSW business support products
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) Grants - Grants up to $25,000 for pre-revenue startups to progress products from proof of concept to minimum viable product stage.
- Building Partnerships Grants - Grants of up to $100,000 for startups and fast-growth SMEs that are already generating revenue to complete pilot projects and work with partners to establish key accounts.
- Regional Growth Loans - Interest free loans of between $200,000 and $500,000 for fast-growth SMEs to create jobs in regional areas.
- Strategic Growth Loans - Flexible loans of between $500,000 and $1.2 million for fast-growth SMEs to create jobs in both metro and regional NSW.
- Loan Guarantees - Loan guarantees of up to 50% of a project cost to a maximum of $5 million to help fast-growth SMEs obtain loan approvals from financial institutions to expand and accelerate business growth.