NSW primed for National Manufacturing Week
Media release | 5 May 2017
A Marrickville startup that has invented a revolutionary kind of thermal heating used in manufactured products including fabric, glass and concrete is among 27 innovative NSW companies flying the state’s flag at the National Manufacturing Week expo in Melbourne next week (9-12 May).
“National Manufacturing Week is an opportunity to shine a spotlight on the many innovative companies operating in NSW’s advanced manufacturing sector,” NSW Industry Minister Niall Blair said.
“It’s a chance to promote and celebrate NSW efforts in advanced manufacturing and our many companies working at the forefront of manufacturing technology development.
“Marrickville startup company Intelli Particle is a great example of the kind of manufacturing excellence from NSW that will feature alongside the state government’s stand at the show.”
Intelli Particle’s revolutionary technology uses industrial carbon and graphite particles that create heat when combined with a low electrical charge.The Intelli Particles can be incorporated into paint, polymers, resins, concrete, fabric, and glass to create products which can carry thermal heat.
The technology has potential for a range of industries and purposes - like heating buildings, ski clothing, automotive interiors, even deicing of aircraft at altitude – and National Manufacturing Week will be a chance to engage with manufacturers.
The four day National Manufacturing Week event is expected to attract more than 10,000 delegates, 230 exhibitors, and will feature more than 30 speakers including NSW experts from the CSIRO, University of Wollongong and companies such as Northrop Grumman and EnergyAE.
The 2017 program will focus on advances in new technologies and process improvements and global sustainability for our manufacturing industry.
NSW is the nation’s manufacturing powerhouse generating over 32 per cent of Australia’s total manufacturing output employing more than 263,000 people. Our state’s manufacturers spend an average of $1.3 billion on research and development each year and generate $33 billion in industry value added.
The NSW Government is investing in innovation through initiatives like the Boosting Business Innovation Program which encourages entrepreneurship and collaboration between research organisations and our business community.
Also, support for Jobs for NSW and its $190 million Jobs for the Future fund is helping innovative startups and fast growing SMEs prosper and create jobs. In our defence sector, the NSW Defence and Industry Strategy is focused on growing our industry in national and global supply chains.
NSW companies at National Manufacturing Week
- 3M Australia Pty Ltd of North Ryde - global science and innovation company whose products serve markets including manufacturing, design and construction, safety, mining, oil and gas, transportation,automotive, commercial solutions, communications, consumer, electronics, energy and healthcare www.3m.com.au
- A-Safe of Glendenning - Inventors and manufacturers of the world’s first fixed polymer safety barrier system for industrial workplaces. A-SAFE barriers flex after impact from workplace vehicles and do not rust, scratch, require repainting or damage floors after impacts. www.asafe.com
- AutoFast Australia Pty Ltd of Mt Ku-ring-gai - distributor of the AutoFast® Riveting System in Australia, Asia Pacific and Europe which holds the industry record for fastest riveting at one rivet per second www.autofastaustralia.com.au
- BAC Systems Pty Ltd of Glendenning – Manufacturing leader in high density storage solutions and industrial workshop furniture and equipment designed to Australian conditions. www.bacsystems.com.au
- Better Springs of Winston Hills - Family business manufacturing all types of springs, wire shapes,pressings and leaf springs for the defence, agricultural, after-market automotive, mining, general and heavy engineering industries. www.bettersprings.com.au
- BOC Limited of North Ryde - Supplies compressed and bulk gases, chemicals and equipment for specialty sectors, heavy industry and medical environments. BOC is showcasing a live robot welding cell, latest cryogenic and compressed gases supply forms, and its new range of welding equipment www.boc.com.au
- Busicom Solutions of Kingsgrove – provides a range of certified Welding Trade Resources and Inspection Services that enable organisations to increase the productivity and profitability of their engineering projects.
Services include supply of tradespeople, workplace assessment, a Welding Quality Assurance Program, and welding training. www.busicomsolutions.com.au/
- Cincom Systems of North Ryde - Cincom software helps organisations improve the way they do business, from product configuration and quoting to enterprise resource planning (ERP) and business management applications. www.cincom.com.au/
- CRC Industries of Castle Hill - supplier of professional quality aerosol and bulk lubricants, anti-corrosion and chemical maintenance products. Its innovative research and development team develops new and improved products to help do jobs faster, easier and safer. www.crcindustries.com.au
- DXC Technology of Macquarie Park – end-to-end IT services company that helps clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. In 2016 it launched an Innovation Centre showcasing leading-edge technology and applications in blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and virtual and augmented reality (AR). Has partnered with augmented reality company DAQRI which produces the DAQRI Smart Helmet™ that enables workers to connect to their work environments using augmented reality. http://www.dxc.technology/
- Ensitech of Emu Plains - Award-winning developer of the TIG Brush® Stainless Steel Weld Cleaning System which uses patented technology together with a conductive brush and chemical solutions to clean and passivate stainless steel welds without using dangerous chemicals such as pickling paste. http://tigbrush.com/
- Essentra Components Pty Ltd of Wetherill Park - Global market leading manufacturer and distributor of plastic injection moulded, vinyl dip moulded and metal items for a variety of applications in industries such as equipment manufacturing, automotive, fabrication, electronics and construction. https://www.essentracomponents.com.au/
- Intelli Particle of Marrickville – Startup company that has invented and manufactures a revolutionary formulation of industrial carbon and graphite particles that create heat when combined with a low electrical charge. The Intelli Particles can be incorporated into paint, polymers, resins, concrete, fabric, and glass. Research and development efforts are ongoing to use Intelli Particle coatings for use in areas like automotive and aerospace heating, radiation shielding of sensitive electronics, increasing the lifetime of battery fuel cells, heated clothing, and cost effective underfloor heating http://intelliparticle.com.au/
- Intercad Pty Ltd of Pymble - Intercad is part of software reseller group Central Innovation and provides computer aided design (CAD) software including SOLIDWORKS as well as technical support, professional development, specialist consulting and high performance hardware. https://intercad.com.au/
- Jubilee Spring Co Pty Ltd of Ourimbah - Designs and manufactures compression, tension and torsion springs, wire shapes and flat pressings for small businesses to large international companies. http://www.jubilee-springs.com.au/
- Leussink Engineering Pty Ltd of Unanderra – Family owned state-of-the-art engineering facility specialising in design, manufacturing, repair and refurbishment of all types of processing and production equipment as well as special purpose machine building servicing a range of sectors. http://www.leussink.com.au/
- Lincoln Electric Company of Padstow - Global manufacturer of highest quality welding, cutting and joining products and solutions. It offers a new world class customer experience centre and applications lab staffed with engineers, metallurgists, and technicians. http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-au/company/contact-us/pages/contact-us.aspx
- Magnet Sales Australia of Unanderra – Experienced manufacturers and suppliers of industrial magnets for welding, lifting and fabrication applications including for electrical safety, magnetic sweepers, overbelt magnetic separators for conveyor applications, lifting and holding magnets, rare earth magnets, Magswitch magnets and more. https://www.magnetsalesaust.com.au/
- Metal Science Technologies Pty Ltd of Moruya – A world leader in stainless steel weld cleaning technology offering a range of weld cleaning machines including EASYkleen and associated products designed with university collaboration to produce the most corrosion resistant finish possible. http://www.metalscience.com.au/
- Milltech of Tomago - Leading Engineering Bar Processor offering a comprehensive range of steel processing and engineering services using world leading technologies. With 60 technicians, production and administrative staff, it produces in excess of 20,000 tonnes per annum. http://milltechmartinbright.com/
- Sika Australia Pty Ltd of Wetherill Park - A market leader in the innovation and production of specialty construction chemical solutions for the building, industrial, automotive and home improvement industries. http://aus.sika.com/
- Trotec Laser Australia/ New Zealand of Gregory Hills - Leading manufacturer of laser machines for marking, cutting and engraving solutions to maximise workflow, quality and profitability for industrial applications and manufacturing. https://www.troteclaser.com/en/
- Uvex Safety Australia Pty Ltd of Parramatta - Develops, manufactures and distributes innovative and first class industrial safety products and services for the safety and protection of people at work. http://www.uvex-safety.com.au/
- Austedan Fabrications Pty Ltd of Cardiff - Designs, fabricates, supplies and installs full turn-key dust, fume and pollutant filtration systems with exceptional results. http://www.austedan.com.au/
- Ezi–Duct Pty Ltd/Polex Environmental Engineering Pty Ltd of Auburn - Leading organisation in the field of dust collection and fume extraction equipment supplying products globally. http://www.eziduct.com.au/about_us.php
- Rittal Pty Ltd of Miranda – Develops and manufactures solutions for the enclosure, power distribution, IT infrastructure, software and service sectors ranging from manual tools to fully automated machining centres including "Rittal – The System" that bundles innovative products into one system platform. http://www.rittal.com/au-en/content/en/start/
- SafeQuip of Seven Hills – Provides comprehensive Site Safety Audits to ensure facilities are up to date and compliant with the latest safety requirements. http://safequip.com
Download the media release
Download the press ready image
Download the press ready image