Skilled regional nominated migration (489)
Participating NSW regions
- Meet the minimum Department of Home Affairs criteria for the 489 visa
- Be suitably skilled in an occupation on the NSW 489 Skilled Occupation List
- Apply directly to the relevant NSW RDA and meet any additional criteria set by that region
- Have successfully obtained 489 nomination from the participating RDA
- Agree to live and work in the region that nominated you.
How to apply
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.
Ensure that you meet the 489 visa criteria.
- Apply to the relevant NSW RDA for nomination and wait for the outcome.
Ensure that you meet the participating RDA's 489 nomination criteria.
- If you are nominated by NSW, apply for the visa to the Department of Home Affairs.
- If your visa is granted, move to your nominating region in NSW and commence your commitment to live and work in the region.
Page link: https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-regional-nominated-migration-489