FAQ online form
1. Can I save the application form and complete it at a later time?
No, the NSW online application form cannot be saved. You should only apply when you are ready to enter all of your claims and submit your application.
You should allow up to 40 minutes for this process.
2. Can I close the application form without submitting it and then access it again?
Yes, but only a limited number of times within the 14 day period and as long as the application has not been submitted.
3. How many times can I access the application from the link in my invitation email?
NSW has limited the number of times that you can access the application form through the link issued in your invitation email. This is a security measure to prevent sharing and to ensure that only applicants who are invited by NSW can submit an application.
The link to the application form will be invalidated if it is accessed more than the allowed limit. This includes opening the form in too many browser tabs/windows, or by refreshing the application form extensively. As a guide, you will be able to access the link a number of times however excessive use will deactivate the link.
4. I do not need to use my invitation. Can I pass it on to someone else?
Invitations are not transferable. If you are invited by NSW, do not share your invitation email or the link with anyone else. NSW will not accept applications from candidates who have not been invited to apply or from candidates who have shared their invitation.
5. What does the red asterisk * on the application form mean?
The red asterisk * identifies mandatory fields which must be completed.
You need to provide the requested information in fields marked with a red asterisk * or you will not be able to submit your application.
6. How do I enter my date of birth?
You need to use the calendar icon next to the relevant field to select your date of birth. Keyboard entry is not accepted.
7. My self-assessment grand total is incorrect. What should I do?
First, check you have entered the points-related information correctly. If this does not resolve the issue, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the issue that you are experiencing. Please insert Technical Assistance request' in the subject line of the email.
8. My documents will not upload. What am I doing wrong?
All of the attachments are uploaded at the same time after you click 'submit'. If you attach too many files, or if the total file size is too big, the upload process may take a long time. To avoid this issue, please reduce the size of your documents as much as you can, while ensuring that they are still clear and legible.
9. Can I submit my evidence in one file?
We recommend that you upload your documents as separate files to make it easier for you to review the list of documents you have attached and check that it is complete. You should also:
- Name each document appropriately – for example "passport", "employment", "resume".
- Ensure that each document is clear and easy to read.
- Ensure that each document is either a colour copy of the original, or a certified black and white copy.
- Where possible, upload the files as pdf documents.
- Ensure that the size of files are not too big, as this can significantly slow down the upload process.
10. I refreshed my browser and the information disappeared?
You should not refresh the page or go back to the previous page before submitting the application. If you do so, all the entered information will be lost and you will have to start the application process again.
11. What should I do if my form won't submit?
Make sure you have entered all the mandatory information. All mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk *. If this does not work please send an email to email@example.com and describe the issue that you are experiencing. Please insert 'Technical Assistance request' in the subject line of the email.
12. I successfully submitted my application but some of my details are incorrect. What do I do?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain your circumstances and provide the correct information.
Please ensure that you quote your Skilled Reference Number (SRN) in the subject line of the email. The SRN is contained in the system generated email you receive after making successful payment.
Remember that the claims you submit in your nomination application must be consistent with what you have submitted in your SkillSelect EOI. You must not overstate your points claims in SkillSelect in order to secure an invitation to apply.