Rebates and waivers

Rebates or waivers from rent are available to individuals and organisations who meet certain eligibility criteria.

View our Financial Concessions policy and Guideline for more information about eligibility.

To apply for a rebate, complete and return the application form that matches your circumstances. The application forms are below.

Waivers are considered on a case by case basis.

To enquire further about any of these concessions, please contact us by:

Community groups and registered clubs

The community groups rebate supports organisations or groups whose primary purpose is to provide services or facilities for the general community, or their members, or users.

The registered clubs rebate gives a financial concession to clubs that are registered under the Registered Clubs Act 1976 and fall within the revenue thresholds outlined in the above policy.

Download the Community groups and registered clubs application form.

Eligible pensioner

If you are an eligible pensioner who occupies your holding as your sole place of residence (or as an adjunct to that place of residence) and your holding is not used for any commercial purpose, you can apply for a rent rebate. Eligible pensioners are defined within the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 (clause 134)

Download the Eligible pensioner application form.

Rural Western Lands Leases—rehabilitation

If you are carrying out rehabilitation works on your rural Western Lands leasehold, you may be eligible to receive a rebate on your rent. Rebates are granted for the duration of the rehabilitation agreement approved by the department.

Download the Rural Western Lands Leases—rehabilitation application form.

Local councils

A local council whose holdings are used to provide facilities or services for the benefit of the general community, without charge or with only a token fee, may be entitled to a rebate on rent. This does not include those tenures used and occupied by councils for their general operational business, such as works depots and quarries.

Download the Local councils application form.

Communication licences

The government has adopted Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) recommendations for rebates for specified user groups that occupy communication sites located on Crown land. The eligibility and exclusions for these rebates are explained in the Guideline – Crown land financial concessions.

Download the Communication licences application form.