Work health and safety in focus
The safety of visitors to Crown reserves is a paramount focus for CLMs. Land managers should be familiar with safe work principles and practices and can refer to SafeWork NSW for information and guidance materials.
CLMs also need to be familiar with the Crown reserve code of conduct and the principle of keeping yourself and others safe.
Top tips for work health and safety
- CLMs, visitors and department staff all have a duty of care to themselves and others when on Crown reserves.
- All CLMs should take reasonable and practical steps to prevent injury or illness to themselves and others.
- Make work health and safety (WHS) a standing agenda item at CLM meetings.
- Be pro-active in identifying and managing risks on Crown reserves, and keep the department informed of any risks you find.
- Contact the department if you have any questions or would like guidance.
You can find materials for WHS and risk management at Resources or by calling 1300 886 235.