Be involved in reserve management

Do your part for the community and join a Crown land  board. Your skills, experience and enthusiasm are essential in maintaining and improving a Crown reserve in your area.

Board membership is a rewarding experience, and by applying to join you'll be doing your part for the local community.

Further information on becoming a board member is available in the  fact sheet . You will need to submit a completed membership application form .

If you have any questions or require further information email the Reserves team.

Board vacancies

Board vacancies will be advertised on the department's website. Browse current vacancies.

Crown land manager induction

The Crown land manager induction is designed to prepare board members for their appointed role.

About the program

The program includes:

  • Background and history to Crown reserves
  • An overview of the objectives and principles of the Crown Land Management Act 2016
  • Detail on the legal and management structure of the Crown reserves system
  • An introduction to the Crown land manager role and relevant code of conduct
  • Where to go for further information and support.

Completion of the induction is mandatory for recommended board members prior to their appointment or re-appointment being finalised.

Completion of the induction is mandatory every five years.

It will take about 30 minutes to complete the program.

You need to complete the induction program to register.

The department maintains a register of members who have completed the induction program. We issue certificates on completion that are valid for five years. The online program notifies the department of completion.

Start induction program button

Further information and help

If you can't access the online program contact us for a hard copy.

This induction program is only designed to provide a general overview of the roles of a board member.

For practical support materials visit resources

The Crown land staff are also available to provide support to Reserve boards and can assist with operational use and management matters including any Ministerial approvals that may be required.