Rescuing our Waterways - applications now open
To improve accessibility to the state's waterways, the NSW Government has developed the Rescuing our Waterways program. The program grants funding to councils on a dollar-for-dollar basis to help deliver better access to local waterways for recreational and commercial waterway users and safer boating. This creates flow-on benefits for tourism and local economies.
Who is eligible
Coastal councils are eligible to apply. Successful councils will
- be required to make a financial contribution of at least 50% of project costs
- be responsible for developing and managing their projects.
Projects that will be funded
Dredging projects that may be subsidised under this program include:
- dredging strategies and/or their supporting studies (e.g. sediment hydrodynamics)
- navigation for a range of vessels (recreational, tourism and commercial)
- access to public waterway infrastructures such as boat ramps and wharves
- pre-dredge activities for projects which are eligible and likely to proceed to dredging for vessel navigation.
The program will run over four years (2017/18–2020/21) with up to $6 million in funding available. Funding of up to $1.5 million is available for projects on an annual basis with financing of up to 50% of a project’s costs usually offered for successful grant applicants.
How to apply
Applications for 2018/19 Rescuing our Waterways program are now open.
The following documents are provided to assist with lodging an application:
- Rescuing our Waterways program fact sheet
- Rescuing our Waterways program application form
- Rescuing our Waterways funding agreement (sample)
- Rescuing our Waterways preliminary work plan template (sample)
Email your completed submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you are unable to email your application, you may post it to Rescuing our Waterways Program, c/o- Coastal Infrastructure Unit, Department of Industry – Lands & Water, PO Box 2185, DANGAR NSW 2309.
Applications should be lodged with the Department of Industry – Lands & Water by 5pm, Friday 8 June 2018.
For more information or for assistance in preparing an application phone 0439 306 980 or email email@example.com.