China – Guangzhou
Mr Murray Davis
Commissioner - South China and Hong Kong
Phone: +86 20 3785 3009
Mobile: +86 185 2913 7539
China – Shanghai
NSW–China International Engagement Strategy
The NSW Government will focus its efforts in the following areas to grow our relationship with China across trade, investment, education and tourism:
- Build on longstanding relationships and grow our partnerships with China
- Attract Chinese investment, particularly in NSW infrastructure projects
- Double the value of Chinese tourism to NSW by 2020
- Maximise beneﬁts from an Australia-China Free Trade Agreement
- Promote Sydney as a leading ﬁnancial services centre and Renminbi trading hub
- Strengthen the position of NSW agriculture and resources in China
- Maintain our leading market share in education
- Grow export of NSW innovation.
The preparation of clear, short and achievable statements of government intent for each of our priority markets is a priority action under the NSW International Engagement Strategy (2013).
This strategy for engaging with China is a working document providing practical direction for the NSW Government across our trade, investment, resources, education, tourism, agriculture, cultural and infrastructure agencies.
It will be regularly updated and reviewed in response to new opportunities and to support the delivery of NSW 2021 targets.
Read the full NSW–China International Engagement Strategy