NSW Parliament gets a flavour of Fine Foods
2 August 2017
Coffee from Gerringong, handmade artisan cheese and dairy products from Bodalla, and smoked meats from Wagga Wagga were among those represented at NSW Parliament on 1 August as regional producers gathered for a workshop ahead of the Fine Food Australia trade show next month.
The NSW Government’s “Flavours of NSW” stand will host 16 of the state’s best food producers at the trade show which attracts more than 30,000 visitors including hundreds of national and overseas buyers each year.
Fine Food Australia is the largest food industry trade event in Australia and in the Southern Hemisphere and will give local producers unrivalled access to industry contacts from Australia and from around the world.
NSW has a global reputation for safe, clean, fresh and delicious food and the NSW stand at Fine Food Australia will be a fantastic showcase for some of our state’s best produce.
The pre-event workshop on 1 August aimed to prepare NSW exhibitors to identify and maximise opportunities to secure supply agreements with international and domestic buyers at the exhibition.
It focused on building their confidence in dealing with potential new clients and generating leads and following up on them. Participants on the NSW stand in 2016 reported that they generated leads from both overseas and interstate.
The NSW stand will have something for everyone - fantastic Riverina and Murray meats and smallgoods, cheeses from the Hunter and South East NSW, gourmet teas from the North Coast and Western Sydney, and even seaweed products from the Illawarra.
Successful companies have been selected based on their potential, through participation in the trade show, to expand their market, exhibit new or interesting product lines, showcase the diversity of NSW produce, and grow their business through increased revenue and or job creation.
Now in its 33rd year, Fine Food Australia is an annual food trade show alternating between Sydney and Melbourne. This year’s show takes place at the International Convention Centre in Sydney’s Darling Harbour 11-14 September.
For more information visit Fine Food Australia
Exhibitors on the Flavours of NSW stand at Fine Food Australia 2017
- Bounce of Erina - natural energy balls, bites and shakes au.bouncelifestyle.com
- Origin Chocolate of Orange - organic chocolate bars and buttons www.originchocolate.com.au
- Hunter Belle Dairy Co of Scone - handmade artisan cheese and dairy products www.hunterbellecheese.com.au
- PhycoFood of Bomaderry - nutritional foods using Australian cultivated seaweed www.phycofood.co
- The Daily Grind Coffee Company of Gerringong - fresh roasted coffee, organic drinking chocolate and chai beverages www.dailygrindcoffee.com.au
- Pacdon Park of Moama - British style smallgoods such as pork pies, black pudding, haggis, bacon and gammon using the finest free range local ingredients www.pacdon.com.au
- Arc-en-Ciel Rainbow Trout and Nundle Smokehouse of Hanging Rock - fresh and smoked trout and products and award winning smoked poultry and other meats www.rainbowtrout.com.au
- U Goose of Llangothlin - whole dressed free range goose, rendered fats, goose liver pate, goose liver parfait and goose rillettes www.ugoose.com.au
- Koala Tea of Alstonville - Herbal and gourmet teas including turmeric tea. Biofoods tea for kids. Koala coffee. www.koalatea.com.au
- Riverina Smokehouse of Wagga Wagga - Fresh meats and gourmet value add meals. Gourmet delicatessen smokehouse hams, bacon, and a new range of jerky www.knightsmeats.com.au
- Bodalla Dairy of Bodalla - milk and cheese, cheeses with herbs and spices, including a "Bush Tucker Range" with Australian native botanicals www.bodalladairy.com.au
- Perfection Food Group of Botany - ice cream and cakes under the brands of La Crème, The Ice cream factory and Gelato Cup www.perfectionfood.com.au
- Random Harvest Gourmet of Caringbah - gourmet food gift packs and individual mustards, chutneys, tapenades, dessert sauces and confectionery www.randomharvestgourmet.com.au
- Blu Estate of Five Dock - classic and infused olive oils www.bluestate.com.au
- Pine Tea and Coffee of Castle Hill - Silvertip Specialty Teas (250+ types), Bella Italia Gourmet Coffees (40+ types), and Pine Gourmet Gourmet Foods (choc powder and confectionery) www.pineteacoffee.com.au
- Eclipse Organics of Richmond - certified organic muesli and certified organic paleo food bars eclipseorganics.com.au