NSW business and investor migration roadshow in China
11 April 2016
The NSW Department of Industry will be leading a roadshow in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in China in May 2016 to promote NSW as a globally competitive business and investor migration destination.
Invitation to participate
Recent improvements to the NSW migration program make it even easier for migrants to set up a business or invest in NSW.
The roadshow will showcase the NSW Migration program, promote NSW as the preferred Australian business and investor migration destination, and establish and strengthen industry relationships with key migration agents, fund managers, financial organisations and other local migration influencers.
The roadshow is the first of its kind for NSW and aims to:
- increase awareness of the state’s welcoming business environment by showcasing Sydney and NSW to Chinese key migration industry stakeholders and business, entrepreneur and investor migrants
- present on the NSW business and investor migration program, including our straightforward process for the Significant Investor Visa (SIV) program.
Confirmed dates are:
- 21 – 23 May, Beijing
- 24 – 26 May, Shanghai
- 26 – 28 May, Guangzhou
Call for Expressions of Interest
The roadshow will offer the migration industry the opportunity to collaborate with the NSW Department of Industry either by attending a department-hosted event or hosting your own meeting and/ or event with a departmental representative in attendance.
Migration agents and interested stakeholders are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) by 22 April to:
(1) Attend a Department of Industry-hosted roadshow event, where you can attend as a participant
- As a participant, you will cover your own costs for travel, accommodation and all other business costs.
- This event is open to industry to attend.
- Dates and locations for the Department of Industry-hosted events:
- Beijing: Monday 23 May, 4-6pm, Sofitel Wanda Hotel
- Shanghai: Tuesday 24 May, 3-5pm, Andaz Xiantiandi Hotel
- Guangzhou: Friday 27 May, 3-5pm, Park Hyatt Hotel
(2) Host a meeting and /or event*, where a departmental representative will attend and give a presentation
- All meetings and /or events will be self-funded by the organiser. Funding is not available from the NSW Department of Industry
- Venue and timing – recommended by the organiser and subject to NSW Department of Industry approval
- The department will formally notify you of acceptance to attend your proposed meeting and /or event.
* Selection criteria for hosting a meeting and /or event
- Business track record - EOIs from industry organisations with a strong record of business and investor migration will be considered. EOIs from a consortium of industry representatives will also be accepted.
- Demonstrated benefit for the NSW migration program -
EOIs should clearly identify how the proposed meetings and /or events will deliver business outcomes for the NSW Department of Industry business and investor migration program.
EOIs are due Friday 22 April, by 5.00pm (AEST).
Please view the Terms and Conditions
For more information on submitting an EOI, contact: Clark Jenkinson
Expression of Interest
You can submit your Expression of Interest in one of the following formats:
Further information on the NSW Business migration program: