Great news for NSW employment
10 September 2015
Today's Australian Bureau of Statistics Australian labour force statistics for August 2015 are great news for NSW.
The statistics shows that:
- NSW's employment trend data has risen for 14 consecutive months
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, NSW employment has risen 67,400 since April 2015
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, NSW employment has risen each month in 2015 - the only Australian State to do so
- During the month of August, NSW employment recorded the second strongest performance of any of the Australian States (behind Queensland), with the number of employed people rising by 9,200 people to 3,737,200
- NSW unemployment rate was stable at 6.0 per cent
- The NSW unemployment rate was the lowest of all States and remained lower than the Australian average of 6.2 per cent
- The NSW participation rate is currently 64.2 per cent, the highest level on record, and has now grown for seven consecutive months
The statistics are available at the Australian Bureau of Statistics website.
NSW a great place to invest
These figures show that NSW is a great place to create, invest in or grow a business.
Our major industry sectors include:
- Arts, Culture and Creative
- Defence and Aerospace
- Finance and professional services
- Information and communications technology -
- Mining, resources and energy
- Renewable energy and sustainability
We have announced the Jobs for NSW initiative to help NSW create an additional 150,000 jobs over the next four years.