A taste of NSW served up on the world stage
15 September 2017
The tastiest businesses in NSW have been on the world stage this week as the International Convention Centre (ICC) was transformed into a food wonderland for the Southern Hemisphere’s largest food trade event - Fine Food Australia.
Minister for Trade and Industry, Niall Blair said the NSW Government sponsored Flavours of NSW stand gave 16 of the state’ s best and most innovative food businesses the attention they deserve from domestic and international buyers.
“I’m proud the NSW Government is supporting so many outstanding products that demonstrate the amazing range of world class food we have in this state,” Mr Blair said.
“There aren’t many places in the world that can lay claim to having foods ranging from bush tucker cheese to seaweed pasta.”
This year's 16 exhibitors were chosen for their quality and growth potential as well as their ability to showcase the variety of NSW produce and interesting products.
The mouth-watering NSW range included:
- Artisan cheese and dairy products from the Hunter
- Innovative seaweed infused food from the South Coast
- Organic chocolate from the Central West
- Unique goose-based products from New England
- Succulent gourmet smokehouse meats from the Riverina
- A smorgasbord of quality produce from a range of Sydney providores.
NSW has over 50,000 agricultural, aquaculture, fishing and food and beverage processing companies feeding into a growing export industry worth more than $7 billion a year.
Fine Food Australia helped expand this lucrative industry globally, by showcasing our latest innovative food products to buyers from over 45 countries.
With more than 1,000 exhibitors and 25,000 visitors, it provided our companies with a rich opportunity to identify and negotiate new global distribution deals.
Fine Food Australia also allowed NSW exhibitors to tap into the latest industry trends to keep in step with changing consumer demands.
Exhibitors on the flavours of NSW stand
- Bounce of Erina - natural energy balls, bites and shakes au.bouncelifestyle.com
- Origin Chocolate of Orange - organic chocolate bars and buttons www.originchocolate.com.au
- Hunter Belle Dairy Co of Scone - handmade artisan cheese and dairy products www.hunterbelledairyco.com.au
- PhycoFood of Bomaderry - nutritional foods using Australian cultivated seaweed www.phycofood.co
- The Daily Grind Coffee Company of Gerringong - fresh roasted coffee, organic drinking chocolate and chai beverages www.dailygrindcoffee.com.au
- Pacdon Park of Moama - British style smallgoods such as pork pies, black pudding, haggis, bacon and gammon using the finest free range local ingredients www.pacdon.com.au
- Arc-en-Ciel Rainbow Trout and Nundle Smokehouse of Hanging Rock - fresh and smoked trout and products and award winning smoked poultry and other meats www.rainbowtrout.com.au
- U Goose of Llangothlin - whole dressed free range goose, rendered fats, goose liver pate, goose liver parfait and goose rillettes www.ugoose.com.au
- Koala Tea of Alstonville - Herbal and gourmet teas including turmeric tea. Biofoods tea for kids. Koala coffee. www.koalatea.com.au
- Riverina Smokehouse of Wagga Wagga - Fresh meats and gourmet value add meals. Gourmet delicatessen smokehouse hams, bacon, and a new range of jerky www.knightsmeats.com.au
- Bodalla Dairy of Bodalla - milk and cheese, cheeses with herbs and spices, including a "Bush Tucker Range" with Australian native botanicals www.bodalladairy.com.au
- Perfection Food Group of Botany - ice cream and cakes under the brands of La Crème, The Ice cream factory and Gelato Cup www.perfectionfood.com.au
- Random Harvest Gourmet of Caringbah - gourmet food gift packs and individual mustards, chutneys, tapenades, dessert sauces and confectionery www.randomharvestgourmet.com.au
- Blu Estate of Five Dock - classic and infused olive oils www.bluestate.com.au
- Pine Tea and Coffee of Castle Hill - Silvertip Specialty Teas (250+ types), Bella Italia Gourmet Coffees (40+ types), and Pine Gourmet Gourmet Foods (choc powder and confectionery) www.pineteacoffee.com.au
- Eclipse Organics of Richmond - certified organic muesli and certified organic paleo food bars www.eclipseorganics.com.au