Getting Started in Export
A world of opportunity in NSW
Businesses based in New South Wales have never had a better opportunity to throw their hats into the export ring as greater liberalisation, globalisation and digital technology break down the traditional barriers to trade.
When you launch your business internationally, you will join over 14,000 successful NSW business people who, together, exported more than A$28 billion worth of services and more than A$36 billion worth of goods in 2015-16.
Tools, services and resources
These tools will help you overcome some of the challenges exporters face, such as:
- lead times in achieving export sales
- intense international competition
- need for caution in selecting partners.
- commitment, resources and capability
- awareness of the risks involved
- protecting your intellectual property (IP)
Export readiness card
The NSW Government has developed an Export Readiness Card (415KB) that highlights ten preconditions for export success for new and sustainable exporters.
We suggest that you regularly refer to this card as a guide as your export planning advances.