Expo 2020 Dubai - opportunities for NSW businesses
Australia announced our official participation in Expo 2020 Dubai. The development stage for the project management and construction of Expo 2020 offers significant opportunities for NSW exporters.
- 31 May 2018 - 31 May 2018
- 3pm - 6pm
- Address Details
- MinterEllison, L40, Governor Macquarie, Tower 1, Farrer Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo hosted in the Middle East and expected to attract 25 million visitors from over 180 countries with an estimated 70% international footfall.
Australia will have its own pavilion sitting alongside three major pavilions representing the main event themes of
Running from October 2020 to April 2021 and encompassing all other exhibitions that take place in Dubai during that period, Expo 2020 will provide Australian businesses with a unique platform to forge global collaborations and create global footprints.
Australian companies have already won expo-related contracts in architecture, construction and logistics. With more than USD$9.4 billion in investment in Expo 2020, the incentives for participation are extremely attractive. The site will have the capacity to welcome up to 250,000 people per day.
The seminar will cover:
- welcome by the NSW Government
- Expo 2020 Dubai: opportunities for NSW businesses - presentation by Mr Moin Anwar, Trade & Investment Commissioner (UAE)
- Expo 2020 Dubai Taskforce update by Mr Dean Irwin - Partnership Manager, Expo 2020 Dubai Taskforce-DFAT
- Panel discussion: expert tips on doing business in Dubai, UAE
Who should attend?
- businesses looking to develop a growth plan to extend beyond the domestic market
- aspiring exporters and new exporters
- existing exporters wanting an export refresher
Free (places are limited), light networking refreshments will be provided after the event.
Register your interest for this event.