Join the food export delegation to India
In 2016–17, New South Wales (NSW) exported $760 million worth of agricultural produce to India, an increase of 200%. With NSW’s global reputation for ‘clean and safe’ agricultural products, there is substantial potential for further export growth.
To help support food and beverage exporters, the NSW Government is leading a delegation to Delhi and Mumbai in the last week of September.
The purpose is to promote NSW food and beverage and create government-backed networking opportunities with potential Indian buyers.
The week-long program will include:
- a pre-departure briefing
- in-market briefings
- participation in the Annapurna World of Food tradeshow
- visits to supermarkets/retailers
- B2B and group meetings
- networking events.
What the program offers
Joining the NSW Government on this mission will provide you with the opportunity to:
- participate in business-to-business matchmaking sessions facilitated by Austrade and the NSW Government
- meet local distributors and importers
- meet potential in-market partners
- develop skills and experience within international markets
- enhance your international profile
- give you a better understanding of the cultural and regulatory requirements in international markets.
Please note that all travel and accommodation expenses are to be covered by participating businesses. NSW Government will cover the costs of the business program and related on-ground costs.
Applications close on Friday 10 August 2018 at 5.00 pm.
To be eligible applicants should:
- be a NSW-based business with an ABN
- have been in business for a minimum of two years
- have a minimum annual turnover of $150,000
- be currently exporting to at least one other country
- ideally have products or services in the food and beverage industries or related technologies.
If you do not meet these criteria and would still like to attend the mission, please send your details to email@example.com for further discussion.
How to apply
If you’d like to join the delegation, please complete the expression of interest form.
Applications will be assessed by the NSW Department of Industry against the eligibility criteria. Successful applicants will be notified within two weeks of submitting an expression of interest.
If you have any questions about the program or process, contact the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (02) 8222 4151.
Participants will be asked to complete a short survey following the program.