Flavourtech is a global technology manufacturer headquartered in Griffith, in the NSW Riverina. The company’s aroma recovery, extraction and evaporation technology is unique to the global market.
Established in 1987, Flavourtech manufactures processing technology, specialising in aroma recovery, extraction and evaporation solutions for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Flavourtech’s unique Spinning Cone Column and Centritherm® evaporator are revolutionising how food and beverage manufacturers produce premium fruit and vegetable juices, concentrates, purees and natural flavours. The technologies have several versatile applications including:
- extraction of natural flavours from fruit and vegetables
- concentration of fruit and vegetable juices
- production of ready to drink and instant tea and coffee
- de-oiling of citrus juice
- production of zero and low alcohol wine and beer
- solvent extraction for pharmaceutical and plant extract production.
The company’s unique technologies have delivered significant returns on investment to the food and beverage industry. Flavourtech has enabled its customers to differentiate their products and, in turn, grow their businesses.
Flavourtech has an extensive industry network, collaborating with leading industry experts and research partners. This includes strategic partnerships with the CSIRO, Deakin University and UNSW in Australia, and Reading University in the United Kingdom.
Flavourtech’s business success has been recognised through multiple awards, including:
- Excellence in Export and Outstanding Employer of Choice—NSW Business Chamber (Murray Riverina) 2018 Regional Business Awards
- Regional Business of the Year, Excellence in Business, Excellence in Export—NSW Business Chamber (Murray Riverina) 2017 Regional Business Awards
- Manufacturing category—2017 Premier’s NSW Export Award
- Innovation in Export—2014 Premier’s NSW Export Awards.
Export success—with a helping hand from the NSW Government
NSW Government regional export advisers have worked with Flavourtech over a number of years to identify potential new markets. Today, Flavourtech exports to over 60 countries around the world, serviced by a global network of offices, distributors and agents. Flavourtech is a good example of the role that exports can play in growing a business, with 90% of its sales now coming from overseas. In 2017, export destinations included Japan, China, India, Sri Lanka, Germany, Ecuador, Korea and the USA.
The NSW Government export advisers have also assisted with in-market and industry-specific activities, such as advertising and editorials in key industry magazines, electronic banner marketing, participating in industry-specific trade shows, and business-matching programs facilitated by Austrade’s overseas offices. Recently, a NSW Government–sponsored regional business pilot program supported Flavourtech to translate its new website into Mandarin and produce foreign language marketing material.