Contact and complaints

We are committed to promptly addressing and resolving complaints concerning cemeteries and crematoria, including those on Crown land, local government, private and Church operated.

View our approach to managing claims in the Complaints Management Policy.

It is important to contact the cemetery or crematoria operator directly first, preferably in writing, to resolve the issue.

If your complaint is unresolved, you can either contact NSW Fair Trading or CCNSW, depending on the nature of the complaint.

NSW Fair Trading deals with complaints relating to consumer law, and CCNSW deals with complaints relating to cemetery maintenance and management. If you are unsure which agency to lodge your complaint via the ‘Lodge a Complaint’ link below for advice.

Complaints to either agency should include a summary of the issue, all names and locations, the desired outcome and any relevant attachments.

Lodge a Complaint

General Enquiries