Many Rivers Family Violence & Legal Service
- 39 Elbow Street,
- Kylie Faulkner
- 02 6562 5856
- 02 6562 5896
Many Rivers Family Violence and Legal Service provides legal advice, support, representation, community education, assistance and referral for Aboriginal families who experience family violence in the Kempsey region.
The service is available to victims of family violence including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and children, non-Aboriginal women with Aboriginal children and Aboriginal men who are victims of violence.
This service was the first pilot program for the Family Violence Unit in Australia, and serves the Nambucca Heads to Taree region.
Services offered include:
• Going to court with clients
• Helping to get court orders (AVO’s) to protect clients and their children
• Helping clients and their partners agree on parenting orders for their children
• Assisting with other services such as housing, Centrelink, community health, DOC’s etc.
• Teaching clients about their rights to claim victim’s compensation and hold frequent community education workshops.
• Offer family mediation when appropriate.
This service is backed by a team of staff including solicitors, caseworkers and a sexual assault worker.
Feel free to drop into the Service, which is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm, or call 02 6562 5856 for further information.
- 91103 222 411
- Year Established