Nominations open for NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards
18 May 2011
Nominations for the 2011 NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are now open with the NSW Department of Trade and Investment, Regional Infrastructure and Services sponsoring four awards.
These awards recognise exceptional achievement in building regional communities.
This awards program provides an important platform for communities to learn from one another and shines a spotlight on regional development within communities.
The NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are calling for nominations in the following categories:
- The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Award;
- The Crown Lands Community of the Year Award;
- The Office of Trade, Business & Industry Business Development Organisation Award;
- The Office of Trade, Business & Industry Events and Tourism Award;
- The Salvation Army Employment Plus Business and Employment Award;
- The Peabody Environment and Landcare Award;
- The Prime Super Regional and Rural Development Award; and
- The Essential Energy Regional Service Award.
Entrants have a chance to win a share of $40,000 thanks to the Commonwealth Bank and television exposure for their community group on PRIME7.
The NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are also supported by The Local Government and Shires Associations of NSW, Sirromet Wines and The Land Newspaper.
Nomination forms can be obtained online at www.awardsaustralia.com or by phoning 1300 735 445. Nominations close on Friday 5 August 2011.