Energy and Resources Knowledge Hub
NSW is the highest consumer of energy in Australia, with key mining, manufacturing and transport sectors driving demand for efficient energy supply in the state. From 2001 to 2014, there was approximately $8 billion worth of investment in renewable electricity generation in NSW, quadrupling from 2009 to 2014.
The Energy and Resources Knowledge Hub is a platform through which institutions in the energy industry can capture opportunities for growth, development, collaboration and innovation. The Energy and Resources Knowledge Hub facilitates knowledge exchange between the research community and industry, and acts as the primary platform for engagement and collaboration across energy sectors and stakeholders. The Knowledge Hub engages with industry and drive a cultural shift towards one of collaboration within industry.
In 2016 and 2017, the Knowledge Hub delivered a range of exciting projects:
- a regional roadshow in four locations (Dubbo, Parkes, the Upper Hunter, the Illawarra), sharing knowledge related to competitiveness and growth of Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) businesses
- launch of the METS NSW Map, an interactive online tool to locate, promote and link METS businesses
- launch of the inaugural Energy NSW Industry Forum, aimed at establishing Energy NSW as the industry’s key knowledge-sharing and networking forum and developing a sector plan
- a digital showcase of case studies and success stories in METS
- research and recommendations for the future of NSW energy sector, particularly in the Hunter region
- turbo-charging METS industry development through the establishment of METS NSW
- launch of the Australian Energy Storage Database
- expansion of the Supply Chain Participation Project beyond the Hunter region to four centres throughout NSW
- release of the Energy Technologies Showcase
- establishment of the Hunter Energy Transition Alliance.