University of New England
University of New England is enabling small-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to connect regionally, nationally and internationally using sophisticated communications technology supported by commercial expertise.
The University is provideing a data and analytical platform for SMEs and entrepreneurs to access the latest research data generated by the UNE SMART Farm and the Centre for Agribusiness. This data can be used for experimentation to accelerate and commercialise opportunities and new business models with a particular focus on agribusiness and ag-tech.
Under this Program, the University of New England (UNE) is establishing the UNE Smart Region Incubator in Armidale and Tamworth.
The UNE Smart Region Incubator is:
- providing access to research data to create commercial agribusiness and agricultural technology opportunities
- a collaborative working environment with space startups
- providing access to support and knowledge that can assist entrepreneurs to grow business ideas and commercial opportunities
- connecting entrepreneurs and SMEs with regional, national and international innovation networks
- providing introductions to financiers and specialist advice on intellectual property.
NSW TechVouchers is a program adopted by UNE, where businesses can partner with the University to access research, expertise, facilities and equipment. For more information, visit the TechVouchers webpage.