Learn from others
Building relationships with businesses in your industry or niche sector can help you in many ways.
By networking, you can raise your profile, share business ideas, receive guidance from peers and mentors and find out about innovations that may stimulate your business. Business networks can help you to find:
- advisory services
- potential customers
- potential business partners and investors
- optimum locations to operate in
- a business mentor or mentee
- leads and referrals
- emerging market opportunities
- information on current trends and developments in your industry
- information to help you benchmark your business.
The following resources provide more information about networking opportunities for women in NSW:
- Advisor Finder find local government-funded business advisers
- Australian Women's Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AWCCI) assists Australia's self-employed women to be as successful as possible in their business endeavours. AWCCI provides self-employed women with the contacts and resources required to nurture their business
- Chief Executive Women (CEW) member-based organisation representing Australia's most senior women leaders from the corporate, public service, academic and not-for-profit sectors and offer Scholarships. CEW has developed a CEO Kit to assist companies to attract and retain female talent into leadership positions
- Entrepreneur's Programme business management advice, information, acceleration
- Heads over Heels hold events where select CEOs pitched their 'Asks' to business and community leaders, then have the audience break into Huddles to facilitate offers of connection. Men are usually 40%+ at any event which was ground-breaking in 2010.
- Rare Birds meet up group supporting women entrepreneurs in Sydney
- She Business helping women understand the reality of what is takes to be successful in business.
- Business Connect personalised subsidised business advisory program
- Women in Business online community of women who own independent businesses and the people who support what they do
- Women with Altitude networking and events in Western Sydney
- Young Professional Women Australia peer-to-peer networking community for the next generation of female senior executives and boardroom leaders under 40. - events, networking and mentoring (cost)