Languages & visas
We celebrate multiculturalism and recognise that NSW businesswomen are as diverse as the society we live in.
Our diverse language skills demonstrate just how rich our state is in cultural and linguistic diversity.
There are about 200 languages spoken throughout Australia. NSW Government provides interpreting and translation services in over 100 languages and dialects.
NSW is a major global and Asia-Pacific economic and cultural hub.
We welcome business, investor and entrepreneur migrants to NSW and understand that to secure the right mix of skills, resources and people for your business you may sometimes need to look beyond Australian shores.
For more information on how the NSW Government will continue to focus on attracting the best and brightest entrepreneurial talent and skills to the state, view the links below:
- Business and investor nominated migration program for business and investors with innovative ideas and drive to succeed. The program covers Provisional (subclass 188) as well as Permanent (subclass 132) visas
- Significant Investor Visa Program (SIV) welcomes migrants to NSW who are willing to invest at least A$5 million into complying investments in Australia
- Skilled nominated visa (subclass 190) for eligible skilled workers
- Skilled Regional visa (subclass 489) allows eligible skilled workers to live and work in specified NSW regional areas
- Visas and migration, business, skilled migration and migration resources
The Australian Government is planning to support innovation through visas via their Pathways to Permanent Residence for postgraduate students with STEM and IT qualifications.