The Department of Industry creates conditions for the NSW community to prosper, ensuring we have a highly-skilled workforce, we manage our natural resources sustainably and we encourage investment and competition.
We create the conditions for NSW to prosper by
- Investing in skills and education to ensure that our residents are ready for work now and for the jobs of the future.
- We drive economic growth in primary industries by enabling the sustainable use of natural resources and production of food and fibre.
- We provide independent research and scientific advice that creates economic, social and environmental benefits for NSW.
- We promote a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
- We grow the visitor economy of NSW by promoting our attractiveness as a major tourism centre and destination for events.
- We support small businesses in NSW to start and grow.
- We create the conditions that support the growth of industries that supply to domestic and international markets.
- We apply a risk-based intelligence approach to all our licensing, compliance and enforcement activities across a range of sectors to balance economic and social outcomes for the people of NSW.
Download our organisational chart
Explore our department
Our leadership team
We are led by the Secretary who is supported by an Executive Management Committee.
Works to increase the value of primary industries and drive economic growth across NSW.
Skills & Economic Development
Is responsible for sustaining the conditions for economic development, jobs and investment; and skills development for employment.
Lands & Water
Develop strategies, programs and policy for the management of the Crown land estate and Water.
Liquor & Gaming
Is responsible for the regulation of liquor, wagering, gaming and registered clubs in NSW.
Office of Racing
Is responsible for developing and managing racing governance frameworks, and supporting the growth and economic viability of racing in NSW.