Structure and functions
The NSW Department of Industry has four operational areas delivering to our industries and two central divisions providing departmental services and coordination across a wide range of communication, engagement, operational and strategic functions.
The department creates conditions for the NSW community to prosper, ensuring we have a highly-skilled workforce, we manage our natural resources sustainably and we encourage investment and competition.
Download our organisational chart
Types of information held
The department holds the following types of information:
- Policy documents
- Disclosure logs
- Contracts register
- Annual reports
- Corporate plans
- Media releases
- Documents relating to the internal administration of the department
- Appointments to various official positions, such as boards and committees
- Submissions to the Executive Council, Cabinet and Cabinet Committees
- Correspondence with other jurisdictions, Ministers, Members of Parliament and members of the public
- Public registers under certain Acts administered by the department
- Licensing information
- Reports, fact sheets, guidelines and manuals.
Last Updated: 15/09/2017