NSW Creative Achievement Awards
Nominations for the 2017 NSW Creative Achievement Awards nominations are now closed.
The winners will be announced at the Museum of Contemporary Art on Wednesday 14 June during Vivid Sydney 2017.
How do you apply?
Individuals, teams or organisations who meet the selection criteria for the Awards are encouraged to self-nominate.
To be eligible for consideration in each category, the person, team or organisation (i.e. “Nominee”) must:
- be a living Australian citizen or person holding permanent resident status and must reside in NSW. In the case of groups or organisations, a majority of the members of the group or organisation must be Australian citizens or persons holding permanent resident status and must reside in NSW; and
- have utilised skills or industry capability of the NSW creative industries; and
- have carried out their work in an ethical manner, including that nominated achievements are the nominees own work; and
- ensure nominated achievements refer to completed works that involve public awareness. Works in progress will not be assessed towards award recognition.
NSW Government employees and organisers of Vivid Sydney are not eligible for the award.
Past year’s award winners are also not eligible for an award.
Read the full Terms and Conditions.
The 2017 sponsorship opportunities are now closed.
The NSW Creative Achievement Awards are a NSW Government initiative to celebrate and reward outstanding achievements of individuals and businesses that help raise the global profile of NSW Creative Industries.
There are two categories in the awards:
- NSW Creative Laureate - this prestigious award recognises an individual, team or organisation that has demonstrated significant leadership and made a significant contribution to increasing the global profile of NSW Creative Industries. The Award celebrates the very best of the state's creative talent.
- NSW Emerging Creative Talent - recognises an individual, team or organisation emerging in their sector that has demonstrated leadership in originality and innovation and contributed to raising the global profile of NSW Creative Industries. This Award offers support for future development with a cash prize of $15,000.
This was in response the industries' recommendation within the 2013 NSW Creative Industries Action Plan to help raise the global profile of NSW Creative Industries by recognising, promoting and showcasing excellence through seeding the establishment of these awards. Read more about the NSW Creative Industries Action Plan.