2016 NSW Creative Achievement Awards
The New South Wales Creative Achievement Awards are a NSW Government initiative to recognise outstanding achievements that raise the global profile of NSW creative industries.
Nominations for this year's awards closed on Sunday 10 April 2016. There are two categories:
- The prestigious NSW Creative Laureate will recognise a candidate that has demonstrated significant leadership and made a significant contribution to increasing the global profile of NSW Creative Industries. The Award celebrates the very best of the State's creative talent.
- The NSW Emerging Creative Talent Award will be granted to a candidate considered emerging in their sector that has demonstrated leadership in originality and innovation and contributed to raising the global profile of NSW Creative Industries. This Award will offer support for future development with a cash prize of $15,000.
The finalists and winners of the 2016 Awards will be decided by the following creative industries representatives:
- Mr Barry Keldoulis, CEO, Art Fairs Australia & Creative Director, Art Month Sydney 2016
- Associate Professor Bem Le Hunte, Course Director, Creative Intelligence and Innovation, University of Technology
- Ms Liane Rossler, Artist, Designer, Curator and Creative Advisor
- Mr Mike Spirkovski, Executive Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi Australia
- Ms Jennifer Wilson, Director, The Project Factory
- Ms Fiona Winning, Head of Programming, Sydney Festival
The winners will be announced on 6 June during Vivid Sydney 2016.
Terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions - supplement for NSW Government employees (uploaded 7 April 2016)
For opportunities to sponsor the NSW Creative Achievement Awards, please read the Sponsorship Application form.
The NSW Government committed to seeding the establishment of these awards in response to a 2013 recommendation by the NSW Creative Industries Taskforce.
The Taskforce was appointed to develop a 10-year Action Plan to help grow NSW Creative Industries. Read more about the NSW Creative Industries Action Plan and the Government’s response to the Action Plan.
See more information about the: