NSW Universities and other public research organisations are home to a vast array of highly skilled people and cutting edge technology.
TechVouchers has been established to drive opportunities for research collaboration between NSW small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) and public sector research organisations (PSROs). The program seeks to promote and demonstrate to SMEs the opportunities available from collaborating with, or using the services of PSROs.
TechVouchers benefits both industry and the public research sector by assisting SMEs with funding to help them engage with the NSW public research community and their research facilities.
Through TechVouchers, you can connect with an expert in your field and engage on a joint research project, or you could access high tech instruments and facilities for testing and feasibility studies.
TechVouchers is now open and priority will be given to:
- companies which have not engaged with universities and public sector research organisations in the past;
- companies which have not engaged with research organisations for more than two years;
- companies with existing relationships with research organisation and can demonstrate that the allocation of a TechVoucher will drive transformative improvement in the existing collaboration.
What can I use a TechVoucher for?
You can use a TechVoucher to:
- seed a research project in partnership with a research organisation
- support a research project that will lead to an application for an Entrepreneurs' Infrastructure Programme Research Connections or Accelerating Commercialisation (AC), or other similar schemes
- fund access to research facilities such as electron microscopes, medical imaging, e-research supercomputers, nanofabrication, marine and climate infrastructure and other facilities under the Commonwealth Government's NCRIS program and Super Science Initiative
- fund product or process design activities (e.g. use engineering or technical design expertise to determine prototype structure, function and/or materials)
- technical assistance
- trial production runs or processes to demonstrate technical concepts
- validation or demonstration the technical capabilities of the product, process or service, scale-up, stability or reproducibility of a process
- fund toxicology studies on materials you have invented, or wish to incorporate into your new product
TechVouchers will be awarded on a competitive basis to eligible NSW companies for amounts up to $15,000:
- the voucher value must be matched by the applicant in cash and in-kind
- the voucher will be valid for use at any NSW based public research organisation
- the voucher will be valid for a period of 6 months from date of issue
In order to be eligible, companies must:
- be incorporated in NSW;
- have fewer than 200 employees;
- turnover less than AUD$30 million per annum;
- have been in operation for at least one year;
- be able to demonstrate the ability to match the applicable voucher amount in cash and in kind;
- conduct the majority of the proposed activities in NSW, in partnership with a NSW-based PSRO, including universities or other public sector facilities.
How to Apply
To apply for a TechVoucher, complete the online application form.
For further information, please contact:
Phone: +61 2 9338 6646 (Thanh Nguyen) or +61 2 9338 6711 (Edwin Crump)
TechVouchers is administered by NSW Department of Industry, the NSW Government's economic development agency.