Minimum Viable Product program
MVP program requirements
To be eligible for MVP funding, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Potential business customer: Each submission should identify a potential business customer (the end-user) that will help guide the development of the solution, and the key sector that the business works in. The business customer does not have to commit to purchase your solution at this stage; however they need to be willing to give feedback on your Minimum Viable Product once it's completed..
- Scalable solution: The proposed solution must be developed for deployment to multiple customers, rather than to improve the applicant's business processes.
- Developed in NSW: Applicants must be NSW registered, and the proposed solutions must be predominantly developed in NSW (at least 80 per cent of project costs).
- Development has not commence: A mock-up, draft or chart of preliminary design specifications can be created prior to applying. However, the full-scale development of the proposed solution or customisation must not have commenced before the date of submission. Any grant funding awarded will be for development or customisation after the date of approval (no retrospective funding will be awarded).
- Development period: The MVP must be completed and delivered within three months of accepting the grant offer.
- Non-supported project costs: Legal, travel, business consulting, marketing and normal operational costs will not be supported. The grant supports the technical development of the solution.
- Intellectual property rights: The applicant must hold the intellectual property rights for the solution being developed.
- Additional government funding: Projects that have previously received government grants are welcome to apply for MVP funding. However, we will not provide funding for project components that have already been awarded through another government grant, subsidy or fund.
How do I apply?
You must complete the Preliminary Assessment Form prior to being referred to apply for this program. Read our completed sample application, to give you an idea of what applying will entail. The sample is provided to give you an idea of what applying will entail.