Our publications & websites
The department's publications are available below in PDF format.
You can also view our archived publications located in OpenGov.
- Evaluation of the Agricultural Education Program
- Evaluation of the Agricultural Resources Management Program
- Evaluation of the Aquaculture Program
- Evaluation of the Cap and Pipe the Bores Program
- Evaluation of the Coal Innovation NSW Program
- Evaluation of the Country Towns Water Supply and Sewerage Program
- Evaluation of the Crown Land Management Program
- Evaluation of the Crown Roads Disposal Program
- Evaluation of the GreenPower Program
- Evaluation of the Increase Market Access and Development Program
- Evaluation of the Mine and Petroleum Safety Program
- Evaluation of the Mine Environmental Sustainability Program
- Evaluation of the Small Biz Connect Program
- Addressing Climate Change - NSW Growth Industry Profile
- Creative Industries Growth Profile 2008
- NSW Asset Management Industry Profile
- NSW Biomedical Industry Profile
- NSW Business Services Industry Profile
- NSW Carbon Trading - Growth Industry Profile
- NSW Defence Industry Profile
- NSW Financial Services Industry Profile
- NSW Food Export Directory 2011-12
NSW food export companies, listed by product category and alphabetically.
- NSW ICT industry profile
ICT is a major element of the NSW services sector in its own right. It is equally important in supporting high growth industries in all areas of the economy.
- NSW Infrastructure & Construction Industry Profile
- NSW Mining & Resources Industry Profile
- NSW Professional Services Industry Profile
- NSW Retail Industry Profile
- NSW Scientific Research Profile
- Sydney - Digital Media Hotspot
NSW Digital Media industry profile
Profiling innovative NSW industry directories - The Australian Technology Showcase profile innovative NSW industries.
- The NSW Economy in 2020 - A Foresighting Study
- Business Opportunities in a Low Carbon Economy
- NSW Regional Innovation Strategy
- NSW Government Statement on Innovation
- NSW Creative Industry Insights
- NSW Creative Industry Economic Fundamentals
- Path to Innovation: Innovation in the NSW Freight Logistics Industry
- Four Key Supply Chains: Opportunities for Innovation
- Submission to the Review of the National Innovation System
- venturousaustralia: Building Strength in Innovation
Enter your email below to receive regular updates and all the latest news from NSW Department of Industry
- NSW Department of Industry Corporate Plan 2015-19
Setting the direction and focus for the next four years, driven by five strategic priorities
- Multicultural Plan - Progress Report 2015-16
Following the whole of government Multicultural Policies and Services Program (MPSP) Framework in October 2016, the department will prepare a multicultural plan incorporating the required focus areas and outcomes to ensure that the department contributes to the government’s multicultural agenda and meets its obligations under the Community Relations and Principles of Multiculturalism Act 2000 (the Act).
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2016 – 2017
Our department's Disability Inclusion Action Plan outlines practical steps the department will take to contribute to the NSW State Disability Action Plan which will enable people with a disability to fulfil their potential as equal citizens. We are committed to support the objects and principles of improving the lives of people with disability to reaffirm the state-wide focus on building a truly inclusive community.
This page provides links to many of the NSW Government websites aligned with the department and its related authorities, boards, institutions and corporations.
- Animal Ethics Infolink For people working with the Animal Research Act 1985.
- Belgenny Farm Historic setting suitable for a variety of events.
- Caravan and Camping NSW Over 260 caravan and camping sites on NSW Crown land.
- Crown Land The Crown Lands Division, formerly part of the Land & Property Management Authority, administers approximately half of all land in New South Wales.
- Destination NSW is the lead government agency for the NSW tourism and major events sectors.
- Ex-HMAS Adelaide Dive Site An artificial dive reef around the HMAS Adelaide, which has been sunk off Avoca Beach.
- Export from NSW Export-related information and resources.
- Fish 'n' Kids Safe and responsible fishing for children.
- Food business notifications Free registrations for all NSW food business activities.
- Forestry Corporation The largest manager of commercial, native and plantation forests in NSW.
- Jobs for NSW Delivering on the Premier’s number one priority of creating jobs
- Liquor & Gaming NSW is responsible for liquor and gaming regulation.
- Local Land Services Bringing agricultural production advice, biosecurity, natural resource management and emergency management together into a single organisation.
- Marine Parks Authority NSW Balancing the conservation of marine biodiversity with recreational and commercial interests.
- McGarvie Smith Agricultural Institute Grants to fund research in livestock industries.
- Migration Heritage Centre Recording and presenting the heritage of migration and settlement in New South Wales from 1788 to the present.
- Murrumbidgee Rural Studies Centre Training courses for primary producers.
- NSW Chief Scientist and Scientific Engineer Providing independent advice to the NSW Government on science and innovation issues.
- NSW Food Authority Helping ensure NSW food is safe and correctly labelled.
- NSW Institute of Sport is a national high performance centre and Olympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park.
- NSW Marine Estate Ensuring a healthy coast and seas, managed for the greatest well-being of the community.
- NSW Office of Water The NSW Office of Water administers the State's surface water and groundwater resources.
- Office of Racing NSW is responsible for developing and managing racing governance frameworks, and supporting the growth and economic viability of NSW racing.
- Office of Sport works with key sector partners to develop a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
- Parks and Reserves Nature-based recreational areas and activities available to everyone in NSW.
- Primary Industries The NSW Department of Primary Industries encourages the development of profitable and sustainable agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries in NSW.
- Reserve Trusts Co-operative care, control, and management of Crown reserves by the community with assistance from Government and reserve users.
- Rural Assistance Authority Assistance to rural producers and small business in regional NSW.
- Small Business Commissioner Assist small businesses in NSW and acts as an independent advocate.
- Smart and Skilled Helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
- Soil Conservation Service A specialist conservation earthmoving and soil consultancy business, providing environmental protection, rehabilitation, land management and commercial services.
- State Parks State parks providing a range of public recreation facilities for day trips and longer stays.
- State Water State Water Corporation is NSW's rural bulk water delivery business.
- Study Sydney StudyNSW is responsible for delivering the 10-year international education strategy and positioning NSW in key markets as a leader in international education that launches global careers.
- Sydney Catchment Authority Managing Sydney's drinking water catchments and infrastructure.
- TAFE NSW Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 enrolments each year.
- Tocal College Educational courses in agriculture and conservation land management.
- Training Service Leading strategic policy, planning, funding, regulation and advice on Vocational Education and Training to support economic, regional and community development.
- Tweed Sand Bypass A joint NSW/Queensland project for a transport system pumping sand from the southern side of the Tweed River entrance, under the river, to nourish southern Gold Coast beaches.