The Department of Industry creates conditions for the NSW community to prosper, ensuring we have a highly-skilled workforce, we manage our natural resources sustainably and we encourage investment and competition.
We create the conditions for NSW to prosper by
- Investing in skills and education to ensure that our residents are ready for work now and for the jobs of the future.
- We drive economic growth in primary industries by enabling the sustainable use of natural resources and production of food and fibre.
- We provide independent research and scientific advice that creates economic, social and environmental benefits for NSW.
- We promote a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
- We grow the visitor economy of NSW by promoting our attractiveness as a major tourism centre and destination for events.
- We support small businesses in NSW to start and grow.
- We create the conditions that support the growth of industries that supply to domestic and international markets.
- We apply a risk-based intelligence approach to all our licensing, compliance and enforcement activities across a range of sectors to balance economic and social outcomes for the people of NSW.